- Bsc Nursing/Diploma (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Total work: 1-5 years (Preferred)
- Hindi (Preferred)
- Nursing License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We are looking for a dedicated neonatal nurse to join our medical team in caring for and evaluating patients in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The neonatal nurse’s responsibilities include attending births, measuring and weighing infants, caring for and monitoring the health of infants directly after birth, and educating new parents about breastfeeding and the care of their child.
A successful neonatal nurse is caring and calm, able to deal with witnessing not only births but infant deaths as well. You should remain up-to-date on the latest technology, procedures, and research on neonatal care, so as to successfully perform the duties of a neonatal nurse.
Neonatal Nurse Responsibilities:
- Attending births and providing care for infants directly after birth.
- Evaluating and overseeing the care of infants in the NICU.
- Monitoring the health of infants suffering from medical issues relating to birth, such as prematurity or congenital defects.
- Performing tests and obtaining and evaluating the results.
- Providing treatment and administering medication as proscribed by the NICU physician.
- Documenting patient history.
- Running and maintaining the equipment in the NICU.
- Educating new parents on the care of their new infant; for example, breastfeeding.
- Communicating with parents or guardians about the care and medical procedures related to their infant.
Neonatal Nurse Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- A Registered Nursing Licence.
- A minimum of 1 years experience in the NICU.
- Up-to-date knowledge of NICU equipment, such as a ventilator, incubator, and feeding pumps.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A caring and compassionate attitude towards new parents and their infants.
- Rotational shift